Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TRYING.... to be healthier!

I have been trying to make the choice to live a healthier lifestyle.  Here lately though, I seem to get sidetracked at every turn.  I bought a treadmill off of a friend in January.  After a couple of weeks of walking, I started the Couch to 5K and before too long, I had capsilitis.  For those of you who don't know what capsilitis is, it is when the ligaments in your toe become in flamed.  Treatment requires a shot of cortisone and rest.  I'm all healed now but when I get home in the afternoons, I don't want to walk or run.  I want to plant myself in front of the TV and catch up on the Bachelor, Housewives, or some other reality TV trash (that I love by the way!!).  

Since I was not feeling the healthy vibe last night, I decided to make fried pickles.  My sister-in-law makes the BEST fried pickles and shared her recipe, via Cooks.com, with me a couple of weeks ago.  I had been craving them so last night they finally made it to my deep fryer. (Does everyone own a deep fryer... or just unhealthy eaters???)  

Greasy Goodness!

Another shot of my unhealthy fried pickles
 but this time with spicy Ranch!

Since I was soo terribly unhealthy last night, I tried to start over again today with a healthy breakfast.  I always start out the days on a high but end eating crap like the above.....  Today I had a muenster cheese and Granny Smith apple sandwich with apple slices on the side.  See, I'm trying!! 


Maybe if I posted all of my meals on here I would begin to be a little more accountable for my actions.  I started using My Fitness Pal but slacked off a little lately.  Maybe I'll start again today.  No time like the present!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment