Monday, February 28, 2011

Ah Choo!!

So yesterday I might have been lovin' this weather and all that it brings but today I remembered why I prefer colder weather MUCH better.  Its allergy season and today is the start of my itchy & watery eyes. 


Example of a culprit:  Bradford Pears (aka Stinky Trees)

Another pretty culprit:  Pink Flowering Dogwood Tree
 
Before long, those itchy, watery and RED eyes will be followed by sneezing, snotty nose and other gross symptoms.  Yuck.  I read somewhere a while back that eating a tablespoon of honey each day could help with seasonal allergies but apparently I need to double the dose. 

I'm praying the rain that has been forcasted for this afternoon washes away all the pollen so I can go back to enjoying the colors and weather of spring.  If not the rain, maybe the wind will do some work on those flowering trees.  (Notice the 25 to 35 mph winds they are calling for here!!  Wow!!)


In the meantime, I'll overdose on honey and pray for the best! Pass the Allegra-D & Flonase please...  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment